Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Zappa Plays Zappa

  1. #1
    Inactive Member davfrancis's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 1st, 2002
    Posts
    269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I am excited to see that Dweezil and Ahmet are touring later on in the year playing their father's music. After a little searching around I can't find out who is in the band... I am guessing that Joe Travers may be on drums but wondered if anyone knows for certain.

    I am not sure who has been playing with Dweezil since Mike Keneally and Bryan Beller moved on to do their own thing - not sure if there even has been a band in this time.

    Anyone in the know?

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Randy walker's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 18th, 2001
    Posts
    2,662
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Actually, Beller will be on bass.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Blue Tav's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 17th, 2004
    Posts
    132
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    'Bryan Beller' and 'Joe Travers' are actually both on tour with 'Mike Keneally' so hey, i wouldn't be surprised to see 'Joe' back on board with the 'Zappa's' as well. He also works on the the future 'FZ' vault releases.

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ June 19, 2005 10:42 PM: Message edited by: Blue Tav ]</font>

  4. #4
    Inactive Member davfrancis's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 1st, 2002
    Posts
    269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Wow that's pretty cool and quite surprising...

    I thought that Beller and Kenneally were not the most popular folks after leaving Z. Good to know that people move on and forgive and forget.

    I think this may be one of those must see gigs.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member davfrancis's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 1st, 2002
    Posts
    269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Oh... and another thing. What happened to NDV? I thought he was drummer the for MKB. ! am so out of touch. I used to keep up with all this stuff. [img]confused.gif[/img]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •